February 25, 2008

To all of you I've lied to...

This list is not limited to vows I've already broken, a lot of these things I really have not done. But I'm realizing how both powerful and over-used the term "never" is and the need to purge myself of this disgraceful overuse.



I will never do drugs.
I will never have sex before I am married.
I will never again eat meat.
I will never eat cheese.
I will never live outside of New jersey.
I will never leave the east coast.
I will never get married.
I will never do coke.
I will never masturbate again.
I will never vote.
I will never again believe in God.
I will never be violent.
I will never step on someone else's toes.
I will never have casual sex.
I will never drink.
I will never again lose my temper.
I will never cut my hair.
I will never not shave.
I will never again shave.
I will never work a food service job again.
I will never treat women as anything but Goddesses.
I will never work a corporate job.
I will never take the humanities seriously.
I will never stop attending protests.
I will never dance at punk shows.
I will never dance to hip-hop.
I will never perform on a stage.
I will never show my writing to anyone.
I will never have anal sex.
I will never write a book.
I will never stop wanting to write a book.
I will never own a mac.
I will never like cats.
I will never care about clothes.
I will never dress like a boy.
I will never stop loving chicken.
I will never stop watching football.
I will never watch patriarchal sports again.
I will never sleep with a man.
I will never admit that I'm gay.
I will never admit that I'm bi.
I will never like the french.
I will never live abroad.
I will never sleep with my ex.
I will never be pregnant.
I will never skydive.
I will never like butch women.
I will never look at her body first.
I will never respect the arts.
I will never not be an atheist.
I will never sell drugs.
I will never do anything heavier than pot.
I will never be friends with addicts.
I will never stop being rational.
I will never act out of anything but love.
I have never been greedy.
I will never want what is not a need.
I will never stop thinking in terms of binaries.
I will never see beyond social constructions.
I will never see beyond academic constructions.
I will never stop enjoying computer humor.
I will never want a house and a home.
I will never be like my parents in any way.
I will never want anyone besides you.
I will never do yoga.
I will never relax.
I will never reside in a city.
I will never appreciate the country.
I will never love anyone besides you.
I will never change.

No comments: